Monday 15 July 2013

Sweaty Business - The Business, RTÉ Radio 1.

This morning I spoke to a Dutch man who moved to Ireland in June 1996, a summer of unusually warm sunshine and blue skies. He wrote to his family back home to tell them that Ireland was not the cold, wet country the rest of the world believed it to be; it was simply the victim of bad press.

Then it rained for the next 10 years.

It's true that we don't often experience 'summer' in the real sense of the word, but once in a decade that wonderful yellow ball in the sky pays us a visit and the nation rejoices. We happily holiday at home, Tesco runs out of sunscreen and all over the country people compete for the best sunburn.

So to celebrate sunshine, I travelled around the country to find people who were enjoying outdoor work. AND I even walked up and down Pearse Street as a giant mattress in solidarity. The things I do for my job....


No comments:

Post a Comment