Friday 23 August 2013

Coming soon...

I've spent a lot of the summer working on pieces for RTÉ Radio 1's autumn schedule. I'm really excited about it actually - there's everything from the murals of Derry to the evacuation of the Blaskets to the stories of the 'Forgotten Irish' in London.

One feature that I'm working on is a documentary on the religion and comedy in Ireland, tracing it from the '60's through to the present. In the process I was fortunate enough to interview Frank Kelly, aka Fr Jack of Fr Ted fame. The interview at his home was intelligent, hilarious and deeply personal, and it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I have ever had the pleasure of doing.

The final product should be posted over the coming months so do stay with me....


Frank Kelly at his home in Blackrock, Co. Dublin

No comments:

Post a Comment